FIFA have announced the 23-man shortlist for one of the most prestigious awards – the 2015 Ballon d’Or.
The four-time winner Lionel Messi and current Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo both are set to battle it out again for the top prize, while the Real Madrid midfielder Gareth Bale has also earned a nomination for his stunning displays for both club and Wales.
The Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich have five player, while Real Madrid are the next closest with four candidates.
The 2015 Ballon d’Or winner will be revealed next year on Jan 11, 2016 in Zurich.
Full list of Ballon d’Or nominees:
- Sergio Aguero (Argentina/Manchester City)
- Gareth Bale (Wales/Real Madrid)
- Karim Benzema (France/Real Madrid)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal/Real Madrid)
- Kevin De Bruyne (Belgium/VfL Wolfsburg/Manchester City)
- Eden Hazard (Belgium/Chelsea)
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden/Paris Saint-Germain)
- Andres Iniesta (Spain/FC Barcelona)
- Toni Kroos (Germany/Real Madrid)
- Robert Lewandowski (Poland/FC Bayern Munich)
- Javier Mascherano (Argentina/FC Barcelona)
- Lionel Messi (Argentina/FC Barcelona)
- Thomas Muller (Germany/FC Bayern Munich)
- Manuel Neuer (Germany/FC Bayern Munich)
- Neymar (Brazil/FC Barcelona)
- Paul Pogba (France/Juventus)
- Ivan Rakitic; (Croatia/FC Barcelona)
- Arjen Robben (Netherlands/FC Bayern Munich)
- James Rodriguez (Colombia/Real Madrid)
- Alexis Sanchez (Chile/Arsenal)
- Luis Suarez (Uruguay/FC Barcelona)
- Yaya Toure (Cote d’Ivoire/Manchester City)
- Arturo Vidal (Chile/Juventus/FC Bayern Munich)