The semi-finalists of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015 are confirmed with co-hosts New Zealand to take on South Africa at Auckland on 24th March while the defending world champions India will face the current number one ODI team Australia at Sydney on 26th March.
Here are the 7 interesting facts about the semi-finalist teams.
1) The four time world campions Australia have reached six times in the semis of a World Cup and have won all of them.
2) New Zealand have also reached six times in the semi-final of the World Cup – but unfortunately, the Black Caps have lost all of them.
3) South Africa have reached in the semis three times and lost all of them.
4) India have reached the semi-finals for the five times and have won thrice out of them.
5) Under MS Dhoni captaincy, the reigning champions are yet to lose a Semi-Final of an ICC tournament.
6) The winner between the New Zealand vs South Africa will make it to the World Cup finals for the first time in history.
7) India to face Australia and South Africa to take on New Zealand in the semi-finals of the World Cup for the first time.